Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walls and slopping roof

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
HananeHALOUT
706 Views, 7 Replies

walls and slopping roof

Bonjour,

Comment peut-on gérer les liaisons voiles-voiles? et poutres-voiles? Quand je dessine une poutre en appui sur deux voiles, le logiciel ne reconnaît pas les voiles comme porteurs (appuis).

Autre question, comment peut-on dessiner une toiture en pente et faire remonter les voiles jusqu'à cette toiture?

Merci de votre réponse.

Good afternoon,

How do you manage or set links (connections) between two walls?  Same question for beams and walls? When I draw a beam supported on two walls, the software doesn't recognize the wall as a bearing wall.

An other question, how can you draw a sloping roof and make the walls going up to this roof?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

How do you manage or set links (connections) between two walls? 

If they have a common edge then this will be done automatically. Otherwise define the line at their intersection (the objective is to have common nodes defined for both walls).

Same question for beams and walls?

There should be no problem provided the beam is at the level of the edge of a wall. Otherwise define a line at the beam level.

When I draw a beam supported on two walls, the software doesn't recognize the wall as a bearing wall.

As above.

An other question, how can you draw a sloping roof and make the walls going up to this roof?

Please see

http://screencast.com/t/ZfmBpYpVt1

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your answer, but the link dosen't work.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 8

Anybody else having the same problem? I have checked and the link seems to be correct.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

Link is working perfect

Regards

ZG

Message 6 of 8

Link is working perfect

Thank you for checking.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
AJA14
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi. I tried to do the same thing for a column instead of a wall but every time i finally click on the edge of the bar element, I receive an "unhandled exception" error.

Two questions:

One: Can the same method be used to cut bar elements from sloping shell elements (column under ramp for example) or is there a better way. I have a workaround but sometimes it get hectic.

Two: Is there a bug casing ROBOT to give that error.

I use Robot 2013. Thanks.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: AJA14

The object combinations tools are for panels only. There is no similar feature for bars therefore you need to find some other solution e.g. :

1. Create a wall in the plane of a bar

2. Cut it at the level of a sloping plane

3. Define another bar along such created wall edge

4. Intersect the original bar with the newly created one (mind to extend the original bar if needed)

5. Delete the new bars as well as the part of the original bar that is above the cutting plane

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report