Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall loading distribution

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
skilak
382 Views, 4 Replies

Wall loading distribution

Hi,

I have created walls for UDL loading. I have created bracing as truss members as I do not want them picking up any loads but it seems a bit different on the attached model: I have done a basic check on the column no 6 as shown on the attached picture - the column should have BM of around 6.6kNm but the soft shows 5.6 kNm (I guess it is due to fact the bracing picks up the load). The odd fact is that the bracings do not show any bending moments. Please could you advice on this matter? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: skilak

As far as I can see you defined bracing as a truss bar which is capable of taking both tension and compression (with no bending). You should define them as tension only bar (you can do so in the same dialog where you defined the truss bar attribute) so that no compression is transferred to this bar (it works only for tension force).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
skilak
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

And how is it linked to the load distribution?? I think you missunderstood my problem;). I want the bracings to be not taken into load distribution from  walls to columns. On the first picture you can see that the distribution patern shows that the bracings are considered in the distribution. I want the bracings to be not considered in the load distribution. the bracings are struts, thus have to stay tension and compression.

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: skilak

Possibly Smiley Happy

I assumed that  you mean the vertical loads but if that is for horizontal loads applied to walls which are claddings (or the triangular and trapezoidal load distribution method is used) then use the option shown below:

ignore in load distribution.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
skilak
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks 😉

Now it works as I wanted, Thanks a lot (and I know that Robot is FEM, this is why I use it;)

Cheers,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report