Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall framed by border elements

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
eralma
572 Views, 8 Replies

Wall framed by border elements

Hello, I have this wall framed by border elements that are supposed to work together; in robot I modeled it using a “wall” and 2 “columns”, it is part of a building that has several of them. Now I need to extract the total axial force (local panel Y direction) and the total bending moment around local panel Z direction (please see attached image), so I can locate this forces in the interaction diagram of the whole framed wall and see how its working for the several combinations. Could someone be so kind to explain me how to extract these forces? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Romanich
in reply to: eralma

You can use Panel Cuts:

pc1.png

Or you can use Redused Results for Panels (in table form):

pc2.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 9
eralma
in reply to: Romanich

Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate your help, just a couple of questions more:

What settings do I have to use in the "Detailed" tab of Panel Cuts? Which "Direction" and xx or yy? Although I see no change in the reduced values when I try different settings, so I guess it doesn't matter which settings I use, is that correct?

If I analyze each “column” separately I found that the sum of the forces of each column in global Z direction  its greater than the reduced force in the same direction in reduced forces of Panel Cut, it is not supposed to be the other way around?

Message 4 of 9
eralma
in reply to: Romanich

I have another doubt, please see attached image. Thank you.

Message 5 of 9
eralma

Somebody help please?
Message 6 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda

The software allows reduction of all forces acting in the section toward one point that is the center of gravity of a section. Reduced forces are represented:
in the graphic viewer: in the global coordinate system
in the result table that displays after clicking Diagram analysis: in the global and local coordinate systems.
http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-7EAB0EB1-2DD5-44F2-840B-0F979FF3E19A.htm

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda

What settings do I have to use in the "Detailed" tab of Panel Cuts? Which "Direction" and xx or yy?

It depends on Direction settings for results presentation.

Although I see no change in the reduced values when I try different settings, so I guess it doesn't matter which settings I use, is that correct?

No, reduced forces will not be changed - see post above.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 9
eralma
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you, I just realized that the “panel cut” function just cut the panel not the columns, and I need the forces from the columns to be reduced to the center of the panel as well, because those 2 “columns” and the panel works as one flexo-compression element. So I guess the only way to do that is manually right?

Message 9 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda

Yes, you are right.
If you want to see results for all columns or walls on each Story or for whole Story - look at Stories table

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report