Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waffle slab in Robot

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
2833 Views, 5 Replies

Waffle slab in Robot

Is it possible to design a waffle slab in Robot?

I imported a waffle slab that I had created in Revit Structure using structural framing with joists and a thin concrete slab over it, but I received many rebar error messages. Is there a better way?

Thanks

Gustavo

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

During design process program uses homogenous panel thickness although it may be defined in ARSA as orthotropic one.

I guess (without looking at model) this error messages comes from geometrical limitations for bar distributions. PLease check \ set covers, layers etc.

So to be more precise we need the model file to look at.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

Dear Rafal,

do you have any example of a waffle slab? I use in the majority of my projects a 80x80x28 cm waffle slab. Where 80x80 is the distance between the joist beams. The concrete cap is 8 cm (already included in the 28cm). The size os the joist is 12,5 cm on the bottom and 15,6cm on the top.  What is your suggestion: should I model in Revit or directly in Robot as a orthotropic one?

Message 4 of 6

Look below. We may also try other types of orthotropy.

If you want to design also beams under the plate I suggest to define slab as homogenenous and create "real grillage" of beams underneath.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6

Thank you Rafal, I believe that the best solution is to define the slab as homegeneous and create beams underneath. Gustavo

Message 6 of 6

It would be much more convenient if autodesk dedicates a tool (may be on further version of RSA PLATES) to fully deals with waffle slabs (formwork reinforcement .... ) as ×Csi safe× or other slab dedicated software do.
prestressed slab module would be also very helpful.
Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report