Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Von Mises...not for all

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RobertoPalladino
1572 Views, 3 Replies

Von Mises...not for all

Hello,

in this simple example using standard 2 UNP260 profile I obtain an error message for Von Mises stress.

Another error is for a user profile

I think it could be very useful/important to have the possibility to visualize Von Mises stress for every profile....or at least for all profiles inside standard robot db!!

Bye

Roberto

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Roberto,

I assume that for double channels you used the compound tab of the section dialog but creating a section in this way you do not save it in any section database in Robot which is as you know the requirement of the stress analysis module. Please try to save it to the user section database in the way shown on the attached picture. For the other section I will need the rtd file and the user defined section database you saved this section in to investigate this issue further. Please create a single bar with this section assigned, apply any load and send me such model.

Regards,

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Hi Artur,

with your advice, as you can see in the attached image, I can't save in the user database  2 UPN 260 section that is a standard compound section (2UPN260 not present in the list)  whereas I can save other user defined section like DUPN 180x80x10.

Bye

Roberto

Message 4 of 4

Roberto,

For the sections types that cannot be saved from the Sections dialog directly you need to use the section Builder module of Robot instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report