Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
lavola88
501 Views, 9 Replies

Verification

Hello everybody,

I should make the stability verification of a structure. My problem is how to verify the structure after the analysis. I don´t understand for example how to verify or to dimension the reinforcement on a slab. May I have an extension? Or it´s just from slab reinforcement tab?

I´m using Robot structural analysis 2010.

Could you help me? Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: lavola88

Please look at http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Tutorials-for-Robot-Structure-analysis/m-p/2... and check the example 8 from the training manual.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
lavola88

Thank you very much for your help.

I've already followed that example, but it's a concrete slab, so basically the software verify the structure thanks to the reinforcement issues. But if I have a masonry structure without reinforcement the software doesn't do the verification, since (as I see) it is able to verify it just by the reinforcement RC design tabs.

Have you got further informations?

Thanks again 😉

Message 4 of 10
t.sautierr

you can't check a masony wall with robot.

you have to do manual checkings.

the sole thing you can do is to model properly the masonry wall and use the results of efforts 

Message 5 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

There is no module for masonry design in the current version of Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 10
lavola88

Yes exactly I noticed! I'm doing the verification manually. The only problem is that the software consider the walls as membrane and a masonry is not reducible to a membrane. 

Talking about the results. Do you know exactly the difference between S-stress and N-membrane forces (complex results), because they are both axial stresses, but which of them should be verified? Also there is a huge difference between them in terms of value, N is much bigger.

Message 7 of 10
t.sautierr

Send an image in order we the exactly what you are talking about + send a image of the properties you chose for your pannel

Message 8 of 10
lavola88

Here you have a synthesis.

Message 9 of 10
t.sautierr

I meant properties of the pannels not the material.

See attached picture.

Results : don't mix stress and forces (force is the integral of stress along a cut, basically stress is a local forces applied to an area very small : F = int ( stress * da) . unit vector.)

See attached docs.

In your case, what is relevant for global design is : reduced results for pannels.

By the way : Robot is not considering your wall as a membrane unless you set either the properties to simulate this behavior eithier you choose the structure type to it.

Message 10 of 10
t.sautierr
in reply to: t.sautierr

Pannels properties

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report