Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERIFICATION GROUP MEMBER

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
StefanoPasquini6790
728 Views, 12 Replies

VERIFICATION GROUP MEMBER

Hi everyone

i have a little problem, when i analyze the results of member verification with the diagram option (see below)

img1.JPG

in the preview version of robot i can isolate a range of "verification group member" grouped on ratio value (for example from 0.2 to 0.6) an create a structure with uniform "ratio" distribution and optimize more efficently everything. In the 2013 version this tool don't work correctly, if i define a range of ratio values, the software don't isolate nothing.

Anyone of you can help me???

Greetings.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

I' not sure if I understand you correctly but it should be enough to:

original1.jpg

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 13

Good morning Artur

as shown in the image of your mail, when i define the limits, lower and upper, are not activated selection filters and the values that writing in the cell of setting are reset to the value 0.

There is something thet i can do to fit this issue?

Greatings and thanks.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 4 of 13

Actually this was your picture with my comment on it. I'm  attaching my picture now Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 13

Hi Artur and thank for your extreme speed. When i digit the value of upper and lower limit range, automaticly this value is reset to zero. I don't understand, often I used this command to create verification subgroups to refine the optimization of structures...

Spoiler

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 6 of 13

Try to do this in the following way:

1. Type lower limit and press TAB key

2. Type upper limit and press TAB key

Check if there is any difference if you use comma (0,2) or dot (0.2)

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 13

Hi Artur,

this is exactly the procedure that i usually use to create a sub group, i tried to use "," or ".", but...nothing! The result is always "reset to zero".

I don't understad....

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 8 of 13

Attach the model please. I'll check if I can find any reason for this.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 13

Hi,

this is the file, but it's only an exemple. This problem is in every rtd model...

thk

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 10 of 13

Try to delete all temporary windows files as well as rename your CfgUsr folder. Start a new project. Is it the same?

Cfgusr

Win XP:
c:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis 2013\CfgUsr\

Win Vista:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis 2013\CfgUsr\

Win 7 32- or 64-bit RSAPro:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis 2013\CfgUsr\

As you can I have no such situation after opening your file. You may also try to set the limits graphically./ After activating the field move mouse on the diagram and click to set the value.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 13

One more question: have you checked what happens if you use dot as a separator rather than comma?

Check if there is any difference if you use comma (0,2) or dot (0.2)

Artur Kosakowski
Message 12 of 13

Hi Artur,

I tried every way: graphical, dot or comma...

many time ago, i had a similar problem with the filter on table, and i resolved clearing the cfgusr folder. Unfortunely this operation remove EVERY personalization.

Can you specify the file included in the cfgusr folder to remove? This can be a speey way to resolve this issue.

What can be the cause of this issue? I'd like to find the real cause for the future.

thk a lot.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 13 of 13

I'm sorry but at this moment I don't know what the possible cause could be. It would be possible that your regional settings (settings of separators to be exact) of Windows may have some influence but in such case one of the two (comma or dot) as well as graphical settings should work. Please try to rename the CfgUsr folder and check if this makes any difference. Knowing this we can start to find out which particular file (setting) can cause this.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report