Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the 64bit version of program inconjunction with 32bit version

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MICHAELJORDAN1792
220 Views, 1 Reply

Using the 64bit version of program inconjunction with 32bit version

I am working on a project with a work computer( 64bit/ 3Gb of ram) and on my personal computer(32 bit /4Gb of ram). I started the model on the 32 bit platform. At the start of the project with a less complicated model, i could seamlessly go from one computer to the other. I am now having problem with my personal computer with a odd message telling me that an internal error exists and I should save the robot model( see attached) . After saving the model i get an "out of memory error."

I know that the 64 bit machine has more power to handle the more complex model. Please confirm that the odd message is due solely to the fact that my 32 bit robot program is detecteing that the model was solved on the 64bit platform.

other stuff happening are:

-the program on my home computer(32bit) is not allowing me to add beams to the model. Different platform being detected  I suspect.

- the text has disappeared in the tab at the bottom of th sceen which indicated elevations and views on the 64 bit version of robot (work computer) have disapeared. What causes this?

I would like to be able to run the model on the 32bit platform.   Are they completely incompatible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I know that the 64 bit machine has more power to handle the more complex model. Please confirm that the odd message is due solely to the fact that my 32 bit robot program is detecteing that the model was solved on the 64bit platform.

No, it is detecting just lack of memory. You can also "compact" robot model by opening it in repair mode.

32 bit system can handle up 2 GB of RAM. You can increase ti up to 3 GB this way:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9583842&linkID=9243099

other stuff happening are:

-the program on my home computer(32bit) is not allowing me to add beams to the model. Different platform being detected  I suspect.

?????????

- the text has disappeared in the tab at the bottom of th sceen which indicated elevations and views on the 64 bit version of robot (work computer) have disapeared. What causes this?

Lack of memory or problem with graphics card driver (please update it.) 

I would like to be able to run the model on the 32bit platform.   Are they completely incompatible?

It should be possible without any problems if RAM computer memory is sufficient to run model.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report