Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user database

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
byron86
367 Views, 6 Replies

user database

Hi I have been utilizing a previous colleagues program and thoroughly checking everything.  However I am unable to view the user profile of custom made beams.  I am only able to see some details if I look at the details but otherwise I cant find anything.  opening the new section folder I am able to see the bar type, double clicking on it reveals no information for me, if I look in section database I cant open the user database. the file was created in 2012, any help is appreciated.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: byron86

I cant open the user database

Do you have it (xml file)?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
byron86
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

no, all that was saved was an RTD file and an RT file

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

In such case you will not be able to see the exact definition of a profile unless you have the ruserpro.xml sent. What information are you interested in? Some,such as e.g. Ax, IY or IZ are accessible in the bars or properties table.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
byron86
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

would the xml file save with the model? or where would I find it?

Message 6 of 7
byron86

Well its neccesary to visually check the profile.  eg Does robot show the correct sections on the structural view? Personally dont think the tables are adequate, I feel if a custom profile is created it should be saved with the model.

Message 7 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

The xml is not saved with a model. By default it is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis version number\CfgUsr folder.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report