Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
petroniuchacz
453 Views, 9 Replies

unusual diagram

Greetings,

I'm new to RSA. I'm designing a RC structure and I got an unusual diagram of bending moment for a beam - positive bending moment over a wall. Could you please tell me what may be the reason of this?

diagram.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Check the deformation of the model in this area.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

I'm adding 2 more screenshots, the 1st one is the case I posted previous, in the 2nd one I added a rigid support to the wall. Both seem to be incorrect.

diagram1.JPG

diagram 2.JPG

Message 4 of 10

Why do you consider them to be incorrect? On the top picture as far as I can see there is displacement in the middle of a bar which is 0 on the bottom one after adding a support.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

I'm not experieced, but I would expect something

Bez tytułu.png

Message 6 of 10
t.sautierr
in reply to: petroniuchacz

it seems your beams act like this ? with something quite soft for the spring

image1.jpg

Message 7 of 10
petroniuchacz
in reply to: t.sautierr

Please take a look on the diagrams I posted above. They make something like this

Przechwytywanie.JPG

Message 8 of 10
t.sautierr

could you attach your model, because I see what is wrong to you.

Message 9 of 10
petroniuchacz
in reply to: t.sautierr

Sure.

Message 10 of 10
t.sautierr

This effect is due to the difference of span between the walls (twice as small) compared to the span between columns -> the span between the walls have positive deflection (upwards) so adding the wall create an element thats maintain the beam downards and so loads on the beam is not sufficient to "make" so mment negative.

You can check by having a test loads case were you load only the beam, you will see it reacts as you are familiar or make release at the end of beam 122 and the effect will disappear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report