Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unrealistic beams ?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Jorgew09
819 Views, 10 Replies

unrealistic beams ?

Hi,

When I designing my steel beams which are supporting a hollow slab, I get unrealisticly small beams with small ratio. It seems like Robot do't understand that the beams are suppose to carry the slab or something.
Can I send the file by FTP, so that you can se if there is anything wrong? 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Jorgew09

Yes, please

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 11
Jorgew09
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

It seems my accunt is deleted, I get a error message from my ftp-client, which indiacate that mye username/password is rejected

Message 4 of 11
Jorgew09

file sent 🙂

Message 5 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

I would consider a small change in the definition of the HD thickness Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 11
Jorgew09
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I also have a model where the slabs are timber, and i have the same issue with the beams. But there isn't a "disregard stiffness of transvere bending" option for homogeneous timber panels. Any idea what may be wrong?

Message 7 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

Could you send the model and the picture that illustrates what you get and what you would like to see please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 11
Jorgew09
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

F. ex,in the attached picture, the indicated beam have a very low ratio..

I'm sending the file by ftp 

Message 9 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

Most likely the reason is that the beams are defined at the level of the floor (in reality they are below it so that thay 'attract more bending') . If you offset the beam under the panel you will get tension force rather than bending and this is not the solution in case you want to run the design of these beams. My proposal would be to define the panel as a cladding (no mesh) and use the triangular and trapezoidal load distribution method instead. In case you want to design the slab create another model with offseted beams and meshed panels.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 11
Jorgew09

When I try to add thickness to the claddings, it's automatically generated mesh when i calculate the modell. Must I add the wight from the floors manually?

Message 11 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

All these settings are available via the panel calculation model.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report