Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Error for Panels

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TSOFA
552 Views, 7 Replies

Unknown Error for Panels

Hi,

I have a RC structure that at the basement there are 2 electrical channels which I modeled as panels/shells. When I run the module 'slab required reinforcement', for two of my panels (142&143) there is a message ' unknown error for panel 142(&143), Incomplete results for panel 142(&143)'. I checked the table plate and shell reinforcement and there are errors only for the case of 142 panel at two out of 210 nodes of the panel. For panel 143 there isn't any error message at the table. The program gives me maps with reinforcement results. How I can correct the error and if I can't, is it safe to use the results? the error is only at two nodes. Unfortunately my file is too large ( I can't understand why, I erased results and FE) so I can't send it

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: TSOFA
Message 3 of 8
TSOFA
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda
Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

If there are no values calculated in a single point or few locations you may assume values similar to the neighbouring ones instead. For your models I would run calculation with the global averaging of forces switched off as this option should not be used for panels which are not in a single plane. In addition you may want to redefine reinforcement parameters as the ones you defined are for outdated version of the code.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
TSOFA
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I tried everything that you proposed and the problem was not solved. I am concerned because there are two  error messages at the table of reinforcement and not zero or none reinforcement

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

The error stands for the situation when Robot for some reason is not able to calculate the final value of reinforcement in this very location. Unless you have a large concentrated force applied in this point I think it can be assumed that the value of bending moments in this location is similar to the values in the neighbouring nodes. If so you may also assume that the value of reinforcement should be similar too.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
TSOFA
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Is there any way to overcome the error, because I have to present the maps of the reinforcement and for the node that  the error occurs the value is -10000 Smiley Frustrated

I change the scale from -0,01 reinforcement to max value and this irritating value of -10000 is still there!!

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

You may  try to change meshing parameters and check if you have the same situation.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report