Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to do Member Verifications

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
designguybrown
333 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to do Member Verifications

Hello.

Using RSA Pro 2010 (educational)

I am modeling a simple space frame for rough analysis purposes.

I am unable to 'verify' any of the members used.

I cannot populate the Member Verification field in the Calculations box accessed under the Steel/Aluminum Design menu item.

Initial member sizing has been made. Results received earlier seemed reasonable. Load combinations were manual, though the Code setting is Eurocode.

When I go to the List button, beside the Member Verification field, on the Calculations box, the Member Selection box appears as expected. I attempt to  populate the member selection field above the Previous button, which shows an appropriate range of bars. However, when I Close the Member Selection box, the selection does not transfer into the Member Verification field within the Calculations Box - it remains blank. Attempting to do Calculations fails with an error message indicating an Error in the Member List. There is no other error message or other guidance.

I realise that there may be several possibly problems - many of a general nature, but perhaps a short list of possibilities will get me started in the right direction.

Thanks, Jeremy UK

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Not having the file I can only guess but most likely either the member types are not assigned to bars or these types do not match with the selected design code. Please try to crate a new label and assign it to all bars. I assume that then you will be able to run the code checking.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report