Discussion Groups

Robot Structural Analysis

Active Contributor
Hallvard

Tutorial videos for basic and advanced use of RSA 2012

18437 Views, 12 Replies
11-10-2011 12:42 AM

Hi

I would really like to have video tutorials for both basic and more advanced use of RSA 2012.

On youtube a guy that calls himself NakornRealStation has provided a lot of videos that seem to be really good, but the image-quality is poor and the language spoken is probably good for the people who understand it, but useless to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQgctXhMKp4&feature=related

I bet Im not the only one that would like to se step-by-step examples of both basic and advanced use of RSA.

Will Autodesk be able to provide as good tutorial videos as for example Tekla Structures?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeklaStructures

If these kind of tutorials already excist a link would be perfect.

- Hallvard

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

Re: Tutorial videos for basic and advanced use of RSA 2012

11-10-2011 12:49 AM in reply to: Hallvard

Try http://www.youtube.com/autodeskbuilding#p/c/7590650006AB2004

and http://www.robotoffice.com/rsa/

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.
Active Contributor
Hallvard

11-10-2011 01:21 AM in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

The youtube videos look really good and informative:-)  I would definitly like to see more of this.

As far as I could tell there are only 9 videos regarding RSA 2011 and 2012 made by Autodesk.

Some specific themes I would like to see video examples of is:

- Modal analysis of frame structure (steel or timber) with releases between members.

- Modal analysis of concrete structure

- Analysis for global stability of structure of concrete walls, steel colums and beams and hollow core slabs. ( I know many people use a simplified model where hollow core slabs are not modelled, but a slab is defined to replace them. )

As far as I can tell the Robotoffice videos are made for previous versions of RSA and are not updated. Of course they can still be usefull even though they are old, but updated videos would be even better.

Maybe you could get wishes from forum-users regarding which videos you should make....

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

11-10-2011 01:42 AM in reply to: Hallvard

The steps you take to define either modal or buckling analysis are the same for any model you create in Robot and are shown on the attached pictures.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.
Distinguished Contributor
dimogrec

01-04-2012 12:07 PM in reply to: Hallvard

Hi,

I'm also one of those who would like to see more step-by-step tutorials (videos or pdf)  and I'm sure that there are others around  :smileywink:

I generally use RSA for steel structures but recently the concrete buildings design is improved in Robot so I would like to use it also for concrete structures but I really don't feel ready yet... Because of the many options that RSA has I'm trying first to clear them...

As Hallvard mentioned there are some videos on youtube and the robot videos that they are really helpful also user's guide is wel written but poor in some parts and I would prefer a more detailed (theoretical) explanation with some (practical) examples (in case they don't already exist)

The examples of the training manual are good start but in my opinion they are also written in a short way without any deeper explanation. The getting started guide instead is written in much better way, things are more clear and organized... I would love to see a complete detailed example of an RC structure starting from geometry modeling and finishing with the design of any type part of it (for ex a pair of slabs,a pair of beams, columns, foundation...) It doesn't have to be a 30storie "cube" but a low-small building having everything (walls,cantilever,slab openings...) and with given directions-proposes  on modeling (for example comparing varies options of robot like types of floor modeling and with respective effects.. how a case of floor model affect the torsion generated on the supported beam, how a beam offset induces on its axial force etc..), and directions in modal -> seismic analysis, its results, and finally design of members. I mean a guide-example that will answer many of the questions we make in this forum. The more comments are written, the more details are given, the better is for the user :smileyhappy:

The RSA discussion group is really the best thing that Autodesk made in the last years. The product supporters in here are doing a very good job answering our questions (and sometimes giving very nice directions-explanations like this http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/elastic-and-nonelastic-slab-deflection-verif... - I would like to see more). Happy new year!

Please use plain text.
Distinguished Contributor
gustavo.c.vasconcellos

01-05-2012 11:01 AM in reply to: dimogrec

Hi,

I strongly recomend whatch "Tips and Tricks" at Autodesk web site:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=16302658&siteID=123112

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BbTcZj7QSg

I am "trying" to migrate all my projects to BIM plataform using Revit Structure as central plataform. My idea is to centralize my design in Revit and send to Robot to do all the analysis and link with Autocad Structural Detailing for more detailing, and I agree that there is a lack of information and training material. I have been having all the support from Autodesk team but it would be a great idea if Autodesk prepare some new materials.

I used some third party material to learn Revit Structure  (book from Sybex press) and video training from vtc, but I couldn't find anything about Robot and ASD

In adition of the training material available to download (as dimogrec noted before), I used the "verfication manual codes" that came with Robot (it is a pdf file and it is inside the documents folder of Robot). I know it is not detailded as dimogrec suggested, but it help me to understand the software.

Thanks

Gustavo

Please use plain text.

07-08-2013 10:33 PM in reply to: gustavo.c.vasconcellos
Spoiler
Spoiler
Thanks.

Spoiler

Please use plain text.
daveyboyd

Tutorial videos for basic and advanced use of RSA 2012

09-09-2013 07:49 AM in reply to: Hallvard

You may want to search for Millenium Robot on Youtube, this was the software name before Autodesk bought it. 

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

Re: Tutorial videos for basic and advanced use of RSA

10-22-2013 06:14 AM in reply to: Hallvard
Please use plain text.
Active Contributor
Ken_Marsh

12-21-2013 11:23 AM in reply to: Hallvard

This post is specifically asking for video tutorials would anyone be interested in a book dedicated to Robot Structural Analysis?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken Marsh
Owner Marsh API
Please use plain text.