Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truss K joing with a gap

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
skilak
391 Views, 4 Replies

Truss K joing with a gap

Hi,

I have tried to design the truss K joint with a gap and it seems that the software does not perform the check according to EN 1993-1-8 5.1.5 (5.1 a and b). So, therefore now it is possible to design a K joint detail with a gap of 1000000mm 😉 without taking into account such huge eccentricities unless it is down to the designer. I think the check should be incorporated.

Best regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: skilak

I'll check this next week but could you attach a sample connection of the type you described please? This will help me a bit. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
skilak
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi,

As requested, pls find attached detail.

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: skilak

Thank you. After checking I can see that internally (in the Robot internal code) such check is actually done but by mistake the corresponding error about the incorrect geometry of a connection is not displayed. This is now in the hands of the development team.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

Corrected in SP3 for Robot 2015.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report