Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truss and tube connection design

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
skilak
547 Views, 2 Replies

Truss and tube connection design

Hi,

I am trying to design an RHS to RHS truss connection detail but I have to rotate 90 deg the chord. How I can do it? I have even redefined the section (90deg rotation) but the soft still brings it following the strong axis as vertical. Please see attached screenshot where section M shall be rotated 90deg.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: skilak

My assumption is you want to define this connection in as stand alone (not imported from a model). If so you have two options:

1. Create a parametric user section for a chord with sizes of the database profile of a chord (press on the button with the section name in the connection definition dialog)

2. Define a dummy model and create a connection based on the selection of the (rotated) profiles

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

I have the similar problem with RHS truss posts rotation. I need to verify the truss connections. All connections are taken from the model and have absolutely the same geometry. However, for someof them Robot 2019  hasn't exported the model geometry to connection module correctly. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Alexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report