Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translating Robot

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Mirko.Jurcevic
1200 Views, 20 Replies

Translating Robot

Hi!

I want to know is there a way to:

- add new language to Robot UI

- translate some parts of Robot / if not the whole

- most important, is there a way to translate reports, for example results of steel connections calculations etc.

?

Is it possible through API, or by changing some files? Any way would be helpful. I searched a lot, on web and offline (Robot files) - no luck

"Language packs" - who's making them, Autodesk or anyone who's capable?

I need to get Robot to "speak" Croatian.

In general, authorities for building permits here in Croatia do not accept documentation in foreign languages (ex. English etc) so this is a must for us.

Please help!

Best regards,

Mirko

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

This is Autodesk job. The only part from the items you mentioned that I can think is possible for you to edit is the steel design note. To do so e.g. for EC3 you should modify de32.rtf file from Templates sub folder of Robot.
Mind that you should use WordPad rather than Word. You will need to replace variable with Croatian words e.g.
@variable@ with Sampletext
If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 21

Thank you mr. Kosakowski!

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 4 of 21

Hi Artur!

Here I am again on the same task mentioned above.

I've tried changing some @variable@ with SampleText, but that's "Sisyphean task".

First of all, I don't know which template belong to which calculation report, I don't see logic in template naming.

Then, there are countless variables to replace in one template file, and if I change, for example: 

@ST_RC_CALC_CODE@ variable in one file, I have to do it again and again in all of the other template files.

Isn't there a better way to do this? Some xml to translate or adjust, creating API, anything...

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Calculation reports are structural engineer's final product, they must be usable.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 5 of 21

If it was I'd have suggested it Smiley Sad

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 21

OK, that's not good news.

I am using pure Eurocode, is there a way to filter those template files to those which corresponds to Eurocode? So I can at least save some time in research.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 7 of 21

Concrete:

bven_.rtf – RC Walls

bsen_.rtf – RC Slabs

bmen_.rtf – RC Beams

bjen_.rtf – RC Joints

bfen_.rtf – RC Foundations

bf_R_en_.rtf – RC Foundations reinforcement

bf_G_en_.rtf – RC Foundations soiils

bcen_.rtf – RC Columns

De32.rtf - EC3

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 21

Thank you Artur, very kind of you.

You saved me days of research!  🙂

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 9 of 21
duchoabn
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

Dear all

I have a problem with edit beam note

please see picture below

rsap03.jpg

Message 10 of 21
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: duchoabn

Why do you "Save As..." directly to Robot's System/Template folder?

Why don't you save it somewhere else (on Desktop maybe 😉  ) and than copy/paste it in Robot's System/Template folder?

That's how I do it, and it works for me.

Don't forget to save backup copies of Robot's original template files.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 11 of 21
duchoabn

Yes Thanks you very much

I want to ask a question

WHen I design a beam as method use RC Element design  THEN Beam note will use file name.....rtf??>

thanks pro

Message 12 of 21
Mirko.Jurcevic

bmen_.rtf  ?

I assume you use Eurocode (EN 1992-1-1)

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 13 of 21
duchoabn

thanks you very much

I am understand, But i can't edit please help me as a video tutorial to edit?

thanks pro

Message 14 of 21
Mirko.Jurcevic

I am afraid that I will not manage to do that today. I still have a lot of work to do.

Maybe next week.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 15 of 21
duchoabn

thanks pro

I very much

can you send for me a document practice rsap

thanks pro

Message 16 of 21
duchoabn

Dear pro

Can you help me for this prolem?

Thanks

Message 17 of 21
Mirko.Jurcevic

I will create you a video in a few minutes.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 18 of 21

Hey Mirko is this video still available?

Message 19 of 21

Hi,

uh, that was years ago, I don't really remember what video I was talking about.  😄

Let me guess, I think this is what you are looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ynBPYpJWQ

It's showing the app I developed while working in Intelika Ltd. (www.intelika.hr), it translates Robot .rtf and .docx calculations reports from English into Croatian.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 20 of 21

Mirko thanks for the quick reply!

This application looks great and it's just what I need and I've sent them an email to see is there any way to get it, but the video I'm interested in is more you showing how to edit the existing Robot template to display croatian names for report components.

Pozz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report