Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torsion transversal reinforcement in beam

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Mirko.Jurcevic
1845 Views, 6 Replies

Torsion transversal reinforcement in beam

Hi!

In concrete detailing module of Robot (provided reinforcement):

Is is possible to choose torsion transversal reinforcement (torsion stirrups) in beams - shape code 41 instead of shape code 31 ? (for automatic reinforcement)

(image1)

Also, when I turn on the option :

Calculation Option > Advanced... > "Torsion taken into account"

Robot freezes when I run the calculation. (image2)

see attached images

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

1. If you consider torsion such stirrups are generated by default

2. I assume that you have this issue for a specific beam. I need the file to investigate.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Thank you Artur!

1. How can I "consider torsion"? By enabling that torsion option ("Torsion taken into account") I mentioned earlier?

Is there any other way without turning that option on (can I choose shape code how I want)?

2. Try to investigate if you have time, file without results is in attachment

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 4 of 7

Mirko,

1. How can I "consider torsion"? By enabling that torsion option ("Torsion taken into account") I mentioned earlier?

Correct.

Is there any other way without turning that option on (can I choose shape code how I want)?

At the moment there is not but I have added that to the wish list.

2. Try to investigate if you have time, file without results is in attachment

In general the difference in time of calculations is caused by the fact that this option forces analysis of each combination one by one rather than using the envelope results (bending only) but I will try to look at this particular beam as well (I may need some time for that).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

1. Yes, but I also must turn on the option "Torsion considered" for each support under "Span Geometry" tab at the bottom of the "Beam View" tab (to get such stirrup shape).

Good, Robot users should have more options to adjust such things (shape codes and such).

2. Ok, try to investigate, that's some educational model, nothing important but it will be a good thing to find out does Robot freezes or it keeps calculating for a long time. (And as it always happens, Robot has done that on my presentation 😄  )

Thank you Artur!

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 6 of 7

1. Yes, but I also must turn on the option "Torsion considered" for each support under "Span Geometry" tab at the bottom of the "Beam View" tab (to get such stirrup shape).

Only for a beam created directly in the RC Beam design module but that is sort of predictable as you need some restrains to prevent the beam from rotating along its own axis Smiley Happy

2. Not earlier than the next week. I'm sorry.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Only for a beam created directly in the RC Beam design module but that is sort of predictable as you need some restrains to prevent the beam from rotating along its own axis

This could be because (after my model cause Robot to not respond) I've tried to add torsion stirrups to continuous beam, I didn't check this on 3D model. Yet.

No problem.

Mirko Jurcevic

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report