Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

torsion only intermediate support for RC beam?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Opel5
527 Views, 1 Reply

torsion only intermediate support for RC beam?

Morning All,

Just confirming the capabilities of Robot at the moment. I'm on 2013 version with SP2 update. I have a RC 1m wide x 400mm deep beam in torsion. There is 1 intermediate beam that connectis with this torsion beam at approx mid span. This intermediate beam is supported off the torsion beam, but I would like to use it to provide some torsion restraint. In the "provided reinforcement" member designer, there seems to be no option to do this. Is there any way to model this situation simply, without having to build up a seperate model just to design this 1 torsion beam? Any advice is greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks,

Scott

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Opel5

If your goal is to have an intermediate support that provides elastic torsonal restrain for the beam defined in the RC Design module then the answer is this is not possible. You need to model this situation in 'genera;l' Robot and then export the beam to the RC design module with calculated torsional moment distribution.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report