Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to generate mesh.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
525 Views, 3 Replies

Time to generate mesh.

Hello,

Does the number of combinations has influence on the time of FE mesh generation? I would never ask this question, but after I created about 2000 combinations, the time to generate mesh(not to calculate the model) increase significally. Created combinations could be the reason?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Does the number of combinations has influence on the time of FE mesh generation? I would never ask this question, but after I created about 2000 combinations, the time to generate mesh(not to calculate the model) increase significally. Created combinations could be the reason?

No way.

How do you "run" meshing? How do you check meshing time?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

when i did my model, i run the meshing step by step(floor by floor), to see the possible errors in mesh generation. When i already made whole model(without any loads) I also run meshing(Delauny method, not regular mesh, iterative adjustement of the FE mesh, the size of FE 0,5m for all elements). Robot did the mesh(with total number of nodes is about 120 000) in about 4-5 minutes. After i delete the mesh, defined all the loads(surface loads and linear loads on edeges), created 2 000 combinations. After all these generation of mesh takes about 25 minutes. Even if i increase the size of FE for slabs(for example 1m) meshing time is aproximately the same. May be these warnings about load distribution make some troubles for Robot, i don't know.

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

my test:

meshing 5 minutes,

verification 2 minutes,

model generation - applying properties, model consolidation etc- 10 minutes 

cladding # claddings loads generation - 8 minutes (?)

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report