Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.thf file problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ianrhale
1094 Views, 6 Replies

.thf file problem

Hi,

I have assembled the attached file as a time history, using the same principle as a seismic time history I recently used. The history denotes time (in seconds, left column) and wind speed (m/s right column). I was hoping to apply a factor on the history in Robot to transform it into a force, but can't get the history to read in. Have I assembled the .thf file correctly? When I 'open from file' in the history definition nothing appears!

I have had to change the file extension to .txt to allow me to upload - I have this as .thf when I try to use it in Robot.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi, you can use this trick. Make a new user defined time history and define some points (for example 5 point) manually defined in robot. After this save this file, open it in notepad and overwrite the data with your time history, save the file and re-open in robot. In this way you can see your th correctly created. Pay attention to the units of data. For your wind data I suggest you to create in excel your data and create th analysis in the same way previously described.

I hope I've help you, good luck.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 7

Function keyword must be in capital letters

Enter must be pressed after last line

Corrected file attached

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 7
ianrhale
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thankyou Rafael, I see the format of the text was the problem. I will no doubt have some questions about applying the load but will review the forum posts before I ask.

Stefan - can you explain further your comments regarding the units?

Message 5 of 7
msu-bekinci
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello,

Please can you explain this converting method from txt file to thf file in detail. I did everything (Capital letter FUNCTION, second line function name, third line row number, and columns) Still my file is txt file. I couldnt change it. Please help me. 

Message 6 of 7

Hi @msu-bekinci , it's much much more easy than you think. Simply type filename "*.thf"

Cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 7 of 7

You mean I dont need to do all these steps (FUNCTION, FUNCTION NAME, ROW NUMBER)? Is it enough to change the file name as .thf only ? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report