Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The element is not assigned to any storey

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jimeson90
2556 Views, 3 Replies

The element is not assigned to any storey

I am having a lot of issues with trying to get elements to assign to stories in my model on Robot. It says that members need to be assigned on stories and I can not run my analysis until then. The members in question are my walls and roof truss members. If i assign them to any of the levels in my model it will come up with one of 2 messages depending on the  member. 

Warning 1 says that the element is defined on a different story from the assigned one

Warning 2 says that the element is defined outside the geometric limits of the assigned story

Warning 3 says the element exceeds the geomtric limits of the storey

What is the best approach to fix this as some of the columns are fine but most arent and half of the roof is fine but the rest isnt, the settings look the same as the rest but they are acting differently obviously. I have attached a word document with a range of images from the model to show the situation. 

I have tried to change the advanced settings and disregard them from the selecting them when assigning stories but this did not make a difference. 

If I ignore them will it be an issue and will it be critical?? Thus making my results useless

If any one could be of assistance that would be fantastic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: jimeson90

Please send us model to check.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
jimeson90
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: jimeson90

Assign them manually.

But more importatnt is to correct errors

notass.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report