Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The admissible deflection exceeded

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
REDO10
1686 Views, 22 Replies

The admissible deflection exceeded

Hi,

the required reinforcement of the slab below does not pass due of excessive deflection and large opening !.. I changed the thickness of the slab several times but it still does not pass! so how to solve this problem and what can you Suggest me to do?

fleche.JPG

My file is attached bellow

thx

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
REDO10
in reply to: REDO10

Hi,

the required reinforcement of the slab below does not pass due of excessive deflection and large opening !.. I changed the thickness of the slab several times but it still does not pass! so how to solve this problem and what can you Suggest me to do?

fleche.JPG

my file is attached bellow

Thx.

Message 3 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda

Turn this off :

globallyaveraged.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 23
REDO10
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

Thx for your response

I verified what you told me and that's ok! the deflection has decreased and the calculation of reinforcement pass! .. but reinforcement seems so low especially along the opening, see the capture below (length of opening is 8.30m ) ..what you think?
Should I add a beam along the opening for stiffen it?

ferr.JPG

Message 5 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda

ON stage of Provided Reinforcement you can get this:

provreinfop.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 23
REDO10

Hi Rafal,

Thx for your reply

I calculated reinforcement on X and y axis, but can't get Punching calculation, so how to do that?

Thx.

Message 7 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

See: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Punching-Results/m-p/3099554

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 23
t.sautierr

Rafal, why turning this box off, decreases the deflection? 

Message 9 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: t.sautierr

@Note: If Globally averaged design forces is selected, you should be careful while calculating reinforcement for plate structures consisting of panels that are not located in one plane, for global averaging may result in the situation where quantities that do not correspond to each other are averaged for the edges of such panels.@

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-F1F2DAC9-CB75-4EF3-9E36-16365BAC9E41

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 23
t.sautierr

Oki and then the calculated deflection taking into account reinforcement can be false .... understood.

I assume same happens if 2 pannels are in the same plane but one is released on the edge and the other is fixed ?

Thx

Message 11 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda

Can be but with smaller side effect because XX force is not averaged with XX force coming from different direction

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 23
REDO10
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

you mean if there are beams not necessary to verify punching?
Message 13 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda

Not necessery

punching23.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 23
jclcereno

@REDO10 wrote:
you mean if there are beams not necessary to verify punching?

I think what Rafal is trying to say is that, your Slab is not really a Flat Slab. Flat Slabs which has Column Supports only are the ones checked for Punching Shear.

Slabs with beams are mostly checked for moment, shear and deflection. Then the beam supporting it are checked for moment, shear and deflection also.

Your slab can be analyzed as a beam. From what I know, beam elements are not checked for punching shear.

Message 15 of 23
t.sautierr

Rafal, I tried to test the reinforcement of two span slab, one span is fixed on central support, the other is hinged.

I would expect differences in top reinforcement if I ticked average of dimensionning efforts or not but strictly no difference, why that?

Ithink it averaged is a different way but I don't understand how, is it averaged along the support and not from each side?

Message 16 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda

1. You should not do this in such case
2. You are right - not averaged due to linear release - but see my answer (1) above .

Rafal Gaweda
Message 17 of 23
t.sautierr

1) Then is useful to tick this option only in case of point load for example?

2) I read your commentary (1) but actually I don't understand ... sorry, how is it averaged?

Message 18 of 23
t.sautierr

Or Maybe it is only because of the release taht Robot recognised it and don't make the average ? if not release, and different values on the right and left side for other reason, it would have been averaged?

Message 19 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda

1) Then is useful to tick this option only in case of point load for example?

support, columns also

2) I read your commentary (1) but actually I don't understand ... sorry, how is it averaged?

in short :   ((nodal_value_of_FE_meeting_in_node) + (nodal_value_of_second_FE_meeting_in_node) / 2

in case of meeting more FEs in node ()1+()2+()3..+()n / n

Rafal Gaweda
Message 20 of 23
t.sautierr

Understood, in my example : 4 FE, so averaged in 4 direction for MYY, MXX etc .....

In case of linear support what happens actually?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report