Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapered section and curved beam

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
solidmedia
1770 Views, 2 Replies

Tapered section and curved beam

Hello - please refer to the image below. 

I have a curved beam, and to input this into Robot it needs to be in discrete straight beam lengths. I would also like this beam to taper in overall section depth from the first support, to the second support and then the tip of the cantilever.

Is there an easy way to specify this in Robot without creating an individual tapered section for each beam length. Can I specify a start taper and and end taper and Robot interpolates between?

I know that there is the tapered section property, but that only applies the section properties to individual bars.

I wouldn't mind inputting them individually if there was just one design case, but I have 12 of these beams that have varying lengths and depths. Should this be done via an API? If so, any guidance? 

Many thanks!

Curved tapered beam

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mohammed_Ata
in reply to: solidmedia

Yes you can model this beam with tapered section as following :

1- Define a curved beam .

2- Select the bars for the right have of the beam and assign them as tapered section .

3- Select the left half of the beam and assign them as the same tapered section .
Here is as shown the figure .

66.png

Message 3 of 3
solidmedia
in reply to: Mohammed_Ata

Excellent - works perfectly! Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report