Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synthetic accelerogram

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Nairi85
1748 Views, 13 Replies

synthetic accelerogram

Good day!
The territory of Armenia is divided into three seismic zones, and soil base divided into 4 categories based on seismic characteristics.
I have a great desire to create a calculated synthetic accelerograms for these areas and sub-soil, and subsequently convert them into digital spectra for use in seismic analysis of buildings that I design.
Ask advise me where should I start?
Here is an example that I would like to get in the end. http://seismorus.ru/node/333
On the Internet, found digital recording seismic Ghoukassian in time tragic earthquake in Spitak:

http://joxi.ru/G3gFVP3JTJD8NBpYi14

http://joxi.ru/5XcFVIwyTJDoAsYD2RU
Just found a couple of applications on the synthesis of response spectra based on accelerograms

http://joxi.ru/g3cFVIwyTJDQAuW0UKM

http://joxi.ru/qXcFVP3JTJAENWYUyHU

http://joxi.ru/z3cFVP3JTJDgNJfget8

Very nadyus for your help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote please, for the good and important idea 🙂

nairisargsyan.com

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Nairi85
in reply to: Nairi85

Friends, no one helps like to analyze these records ?

http://peer.berkeley.edu/svbin/Detail?id=P0731

http://joxi.ru/jyg3VP3JTJBta3UvZjs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nairisargsyan.com

Message 3 of 14
Romanich

Hi Nairi,

As I can see from your links, spectrum files already exist. We just need to format it for Robot.

For this example spectrum SPITAK/GUK000 has been taken with 5% damping.

001.png

After saving this file as .txt we open it in Excel. Don’t forget to select this checkbox:

002.png

Let's return to browser and have a close look what kind of information inside this file will be useful for us. I didn’t found the list with abbreviations, but I suppose that PER means period and AA means average acceleration.

003.png

In Excel we need first to sort all data in reverse order and then to copy two indicate columns in the new file (first column shall be PER, second one – AA). After that file shall be saved as txt one.
Next step will be preparation of spe file. As an example the file Elcentro.spe can be taken. Let’s open it in text editor (Notepad, AkelPad etc.) and delete all data below 4th string:

004.png

Now we need to copy here all information from our txt file and change data in the header.

005.png

Number 112 is quantity of records (select one column in Excel and find Count value in the bottom bar)
Number 1 means that units for Y axis will be m/s2 (acceleration)

Number 0.05 is 5% damping
In the Robot create Spectral case, press button Spectrum definition and select Open

006.png

Hope Pawel will join to this discussion 😉

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 4 of 14
Nairi85
in reply to: Romanich

Thank you very much, Romanich.
I knew that your help will not do here.
Now try to understand.

nairisargsyan.com

Message 5 of 14
Nairi85

Good day! Roman everything seems made ​​to your instructions, but Robot final spectrum can not read.
Look please do not do that?

Снимок1.JPG

Снимок2.jpg 

Снимок5.JPG

I still have two questions.

1. Why do you spread the data in the opposite direction?
2. Explain please decipher these four values.

Снимок4.JPG

the original text

Добрый день! Роман все вроде сделал по вашей инструкции, но Робот окончательный спектр почему то не может читать.
Посмотри пожалуйста что не так сделал? Файлы вложил к письму.
Еще у меня два вопроса.
1. почему вы разложили данные в обратном порядке?
2. обьясни пожалуйста расшифровку этих четырех значений, после названия спектра.

nairisargsyan.com

Message 6 of 14
Romanich

but Robot final spectrum can not read

You have to use dots instead of commas for data in the spe file.

Why do you spread the data in the opposite direction?

In the original file the data is sorted by frequency and I have used period for the X axis. I tend to think that we can use also frequency-acceleration spectra. In this case we no need to sort the data.

Explain please decipher these four values

Those values are define behavior of X and Y axes.

spe codes.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 7 of 14
Nairi85
in reply to: Romanich

Good evening! Roman thanks.
Changed in the settings excel separator character integer and fractional parts and robot began to read the new spectra.
About the behavior of the decryption values ​​x and y axes, it is now clear that the robot is reading these figures puts appropriate checkboxes. But honestly I did not understand a pattern between these codes and how fields are filled in the Robot. Teach, please read the codes.

I spectra in all three directions loaded into a single book excel and created a spectrum that contains data of all three.

Снимок10.JPG

Снимок11.JPG

Based on these data, the robot did spectral estimation.
According to the basic forms it is clear that it feels like a real situation. Yet there are new questions.

1. After determining a spectrum robot automatically creates based on her new 3 loading in X, Y, Z. Total for my three initial spectra obtained 9 loaded excluding combinations.
Tell me, please, and not better to ask for each direction (X, Y, Z) its original range, and that removing the intermediate generated by robots? Or am I wrong?

Снимок5.JPG

Снимок6.jpg

2. I looked at the results of calculations for spectral analysis, in particular, looked magnitude strains. They were very small than I expected. The earthquake of 1988 in the midst of the power possessed with a magnitude of 7.0. Ghoukassian seismic data, which we use in this example was from the epicenter at a distance of 38 km. I'm still inclined to think that it could not reduce the effect on many of the earthquake.
Please tell me what could be the reason, so no real results of the calculation?

Снимок7.JPGСнимок8.JPGСнимок9.JPG

Добрый вечер! Роман спасибо.

Поменял в настройках excel знак разделителя целых и дробных частей и Робот стал читать новые спектры.

По поводу расшифровки значений поведения осей Х и У,  теперь понятно что Робот читая эти цифры ставит соответствующие чекбоксы. Но если честно я не понял закономерность между этими кодами и как

заполняются поля в окне Робота.  Научите, пожалуйста, читать эти коды.     

Я спектры по всем трем направлениям  загрузил в единую книгу  excel и создал один спектр, который содержит в себе данные из всех трех.  На основе этих данных в роботе сделал Спектральный расчет.

По основным формам видно, что вроде все похоже на реальную ситуацию. Но все же возникли новые вопросы.

1. После определения одного спектра Робот автоматически создает на основе нее 3 новых нагружение по X,Y,Z . Итого для моих трех исходных спектров получается 9 нагруженный без учёта сочетаний.

Скажите, пожалуйста, а не лучше зразу задать для каждого направления (X,Y,Z) свой исходный спектр, и удалить промежуточные которые сгенерировал Робот? Или же я ошибаюсь?     

1. Я посмотрел результаты расчетов по Спектральному расчету, в частности посмотрел величины деформаций .  Они оказались очень маленькими чем я предполагал. Землетрясение 1988-го года в эпицентре обладала мощность с магнитудой 7.0.  Сейсмостанция Гукасян данные, которого мы используем в этом примере находилось от эпицентра на расстоянии 38 км. Я все таки склонен думать, что это не могло на столько уменьшить эффект этого землетрясение.

Скажите, пожалуйста, в чем может быть причина, столь не реальных результатов расчета?

nairisargsyan.com

Message 8 of 14
Bauskas

По вашим вопросам:

1. Конечно, можно создать три одномерных спектральных нагружения по трем направлениям и каждому назначить соответствующий спектр.

2. Вопрос соответствия результатов расчета реальности -- довольно сложный, особенно в случае Робота, у которого динамический анализ, мягко говоря, не самое сильное место.

Я рекомендую пройтись по всем настройкам и тщательно проверить все: единицы измерения, коэффициенты, учет масс конструкции. Ну и, наконец, служба поддержки у Робота довольно вменяемая, из моего опыта они всегда были согласны посмотреть и посчитать модель, которую я считал проблемной.

Message 9 of 14
Nairi85
in reply to: Bauskas

Большое спасибо Александр, за то что присоединились к дискуссии.  Спасибо за советы, как посоветовали с Роботом я разберусь.  

Но если честно я ожидал от Вас помощи по обработки и перенормировки спектров. На вашем блоге http://www.ipernity.com/doc/197714/album/237239  , Вы показали процесс обработки спектров, в спецпрограммах.  Очень прошу Вас скачайте мои спектры https://yadi.sk/d/rkIeuB8tcEgBo , и перенормируйте их чтобы приблизительно попали в диапазон  http://joxi.ru/XYmEVzX1SEex26  .

У меня совсем нет опыта в этом, по этому риск ошибиться очень большой.  И конечно буду безмерно благодарен, если запишите видео с экрана, попросту сделаете большое доброе дело. 

Спасибо!

nairisargsyan.com

Message 10 of 14
Bauskas

К сожалению, возможности работать с нормировкой спектров у меня сейчас нет. Но отнормировать спектр самостоятельно очень просто безо всяких программ.

1. Копировать значения из файла в Эксель так, чтобы было два столбца.

2. Первый столбец - это значения периода колебаний, второй столбец -- соответствующие им значения ускорений

3. Во втором столбце последнее значение -- это ускорение нулевого периода, обозначим его A.

4. Требуемое ускорение нулевого периода указано в таблице: это 3 метра / сек2.

5. Посчитать из простой пропорции коэффициент, на который нужно умножить весь второй столбец. Этот коэффициент равен 3 / A.

6. Умножить в Экселе весь второй столбец на полученный коэффициент.

7. Скопировать новые значения обратно в текстовый файл. Нормированный спектр готов.

P.s. Мы разговариваем о работе, не о добрых делах. Доброе дело всегда можно сделать здесь, если кому хочется: http://wings-phoenix.org.ua/

Message 11 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Bauskas

Guys

You are kindly asked to use English language on this forum.
Please add a few words English translation to each of your posts.

If you want to discuss in Russian you can do it on forum managed by Romanich.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 14
Nairi85
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Good day! Alexander thank you for your advice, I will try to understand and make your points. About the results, I will accomplish your goal.

Faced with these issues, I noticed that it is very difficult to find any that information, the literature related to the spectral analysis in robot and especially with the preparation of input data for the calculation. Decided to try on this in this thread that collect at least some information on these issues, because I am sure that this knowledge will be useful to many. And the fact that you and other colleagues share knowledge here, at least I think this is a good idea, otherwise I would not have to waste your precious time. Specifically, the question for me is just the nature of the training, and the desire to understand these nuances. In fact, in accordance with paragraph http://joxi.ru/fpU6VIwyTJD7bpUyhd4 , I do not even have the ability to run a robot for any real projects, while developers do not implement our seismic standards, as many times I have asked them, I hope and look forward to each output a new version of the robot.

the original text

Добрый день! Александр спасибо вам за советы, попробую разобраться и сделать по вашим пунктам.  О результатах, я обязательно отпишусь.

Столкнувшись с данными вопросами,  я заметил, что очень трудно найти хоть какую ту информацию, литературу связанные с Спектральном расчете в Роботе и особенно с подготовкой исходной информации для расчета. По этому решил попробовать в этой теме собрать хоть какую ту информацию по данным вопросам, потому что уверен, что эти знания пригодятся  многим.  И то что Вы и другие коллеги делитесь тут знаниями, по крайне мере я вижу в этом некий добрый замысел, иначе бы не стали тратить ваше драгоценное время.  Конкретно этот вопрос для меня носит только учебный характер, и желание разобраться в этих нюансах. По сути, согласно пункту http://joxi.ru/fpU6VIwyTJD7bpUyhd4  ,  у меня даже нет возможности запускать Робот  для каких то реальных проектов, пока разработчики не реализуют наши сейсмические нормы, о чем я много раз их просил, надеюсь и жду с каждом выходом новый версии Робота.  

п.с.  Александр лично от меня желаю, восстановления мира в вашей стране, мы тоже поведали долгую войну и знаем как это пагубно для всего народа.              

nairisargsyan.com

Message 13 of 14
Nairi85

Good day! The other day, managed to contact the head of the engineering company, with a site which I took the source code. I asked to give me an explanation of abbreviations used in their tables of the same unit of measurement of these quantities. From the response letter was clear that the acceleration in the tables refer to the fractions {g}, it radically changes everything. I have to convert the acceleration values ​​in m/s2, about the same, on the advice of Alexander Bausk did renormalization of the original spectrum under our second seismic zone code СНРА II-2.02-2006.
Dear experts on seismic calculations, please see the course operations, if I had done something wrong, I would appreciate if you get better.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Добрый день! На днях удалось связаться с руководителем инжиниринговой компании, с сайта которого я и брал исходники. Я попросил дать мне расшифровку сокращений которые используются в их таблицах, о так же единицы измерений этих величин.  Из ответного письма стало ясно что ускорения в таблицах приведена в долях {g}, это кардинально все меняет. Я уже сконвертировал значения ускорений в м/с2, о так же по совету Александра Бауска сделал перенормировку оригинального спектра в соответствии нашей второй сейсмической зоны по коду СНРА II-2.02-2006Уважаемые специалисты по сейсмическим расчетам, посмотрите пожалуйста ход действий, если я что то не правильно сделал, буду признателен если поправите.             

Снимок005.JPG

Снимок001.JPG

Снимок002.JPG

Снимок003.JPG

Снимок004.JPG

nairisargsyan.com

Message 14 of 14
veerendrakumar

hi Nairi, i would like to generate synthetic accelerogram data for available time history data using seismospect. can you explain it with screenshots?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums