Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization error ???

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
GabrieleNovembri1027
988 Views, 24 Replies

Synchronization error ???

Hi All,

Using DM 14/01/2008 regulation in the Real reiforcement module the update process of RC elements after re-calculation lf the structure always gives this error.

errore sinronizzazione.PNG

Any suggestion ??

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25

Do you mean that e.g. you want to assign (using the Inspector) the predefined (saved under a given name) reinforcement pattern to 205 columns at the same time and it takes 20 minutes?

reinforcement pattern for many columns1.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 22 of 25

Hi Artur,

Do you mean that e.g. you want to assign (using the Inspector) the predefined (saved under a given name) reinforcement pattern to 205 columns at the same time and it takes 20 minutes?

YES.

My computer

Cattura.PNG

Message 23 of 25

Hi Gabriele,

Thank you for the file. We will investigate this situation. My suggestion for now would be to assign the parameters in sequences e.g. for selected 10 columns at a time. This should be faster than assigning parameters to all of them at the same time.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 24 of 25

Arthur,

I understand but also changing the parameters for 10 columns at time does not solve the problem. The total time required would be anyway very similar.

The problem remains. In other words I do'nt think that the proposed workflow is reasonable.

It would be different if we could design columns grouped by geometry or chain.

In this way each type of column would be verified for the worst case without having to manually check the worse situation.

Another walk around for the problem may be as follows:

1) import columns grouped by geometry or chain;
 2) set the necessary parameters
 3) make computation

I noticed that the synchronization error is reported only the second time you run the columns design.
We have verified that if the structure does not change, the stresses seem exact.
If you can confirm this, the walk around (as you know I think this problem is a bug instead of a future improvement of the software) if a new calculation of the whole structure have been performed would be simply:

1)  delete all columns in the rc module;

2) importt columns again after calculation of the entire structure have been done;

3) design columns

What is your opinion ?

Gabriele

Message 25 of 25

GabrieleNovembri1027 wrote:

Hi Artur,

I apologize but I am forced to insist about the matter. According to what you said we did a simulation of the workflow your proposed. The model used as test has 205 columns.

These are the time required for each phase of the workflow you propose:

1)      RC module import in 5 minutes;

2)      Selecting all columns and setting of the reinforcement model takes about 20 minutes

3)      Selecting all columns and setting the calculation model takes again about 20 minutes

4)      Selecting all columns and setting the instability model takes again about 20 minutes

5)      Selecting all columns and setting the storey parameters model takes again about 20 minutes

5)      Calculation of columns takes 4 minuts

The importing process of columns in the RC module takes totally about an one hour and twentyfour minutes.  It seems to me that the proposed workflow is not realistic nor practical. Then You have to  manually group columns according to geometry and select the column with the worst case group by group. The process takes hours.

Are you really sure that this is the workflow that Autodesk offers to calculate of RC columns ?.

Thanks

Improved in SP1 for Robot 2016.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report