Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support node at the intersection of a panel and lline

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nrdev
1003 Views, 2 Replies

Support node at the intersection of a panel and lline

Hi,

I am trying to model a curved panel in finite elements. To make things more simple, I've made a discrete polyline of this curve and then made the panel from an extrusion of this polyline.

I am then trying to put support nodes on this panel. The nodes are created by intersecting horizontal lines at the right height and the polyline (edge of the extrusion), so their coordinates have to be just right inside the plane of the panels.

My problem is that when I generated the mesh (Delaunay + Kang with refined mesh on support nodes and emitters), the previously created nodes are not taken into the mesh.

I guess that's a problem of tolerance, but I can't figure a way to force these nodes to be considered into the mesh.

Thanks.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: nrdev

Extruded , revolved panels do not consider user nodes in meshing. You have to either create wall(s) as ordinary panels or freeze meshes and move nodes

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 3
nrdev
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks, it actually works ok by creating standard indepedent panels.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report