Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submerged Steel Pipeline design

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
SteveG021
500 Views, 6 Replies

Submerged Steel Pipeline design

Hi Rafael, 

Is it possible to analysis submerged steel pipelines in RSA? Sections of the pipeline will be buried and submerged. 

We would need to apply the forces and RSA to calculate pipe stresses, deflections etc. 

Thanks
Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: SteveG021

We would need to apply the forces and RSA to calculate pipe stresses, deflections etc. 

Where is the catch \ glitch?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
SteveG021
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

HI,

I have not set up the model yet because I don’t understand how I would be able to in RSA?

I need to design a 710mm Dim HDPE pipeline with a wall thickness of 45 mm carrying water.

The water will be pumped through the pipeline while it is submerged.

How would I look at the internal and external and external pressures on the pipeline etc?

Thanks
Steve
Message 4 of 7
Rafacascudo
in reply to: SteveG021

probably you will need to model the pipe  in finite element mesh

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafacascudo

probably you will need to model the pipe  in finite element mesh

No other way

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 7

Hi everybody.

To solve your issue you have to do this steps:

1) define a new material named HDPE, using all the technical data for the material of your pipe,

2) make a circle in the XZ plane, with diameter d=710-45=665mm. Use a precision of 40 segmentssegments,

3) extrude the circle along the Y axis, the lenght is not important, do it for 2000mm, about 2.5 times the pipe diameter.

4) create a load condition named "WATER" and apply the pressure loads, depending by the underwater depth of pipe placing,

5) create a load condition named "INNER PRESSURE" and apply the pressure loadsloads. Take care to give it opposite locally direction.

6) create a load combinations where you can play with factors and simulate all the possible load cases.

At the end make your stress and strain evaluation.

Bye bye.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 7 of 7
SteveG021
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

HI,

I have not set up the model yet because I don't understand how I would be able to in RSA?

I need to design a 710mm Dim HDPE pipeline with a wall thickness of 45 mm carrying water.

The water will be pumped through the pipeline while it is submerged.

How would I look at the internal and external and external pressures on the pipeline etc?

Thanks
Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report