Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Verification Warnings

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
ricardo_urjais
1074 Views, 16 Replies

Structure Verification Warnings

Hi everyone!

I am modeling a steel structure, wich is very peculiar. I'll attach the rsa file so everyone can see it.

After unnumerous problems I had (incoherent mesh, kinematic constraints, etc.) i have still four warning I can't deal with:

- Isolated Nodes : the nodes are part of the FE mesh, so, if they were created with the mesh, why are they isolated? Even if they didn't, shouldn't I get also a message of sparedted structure? Because these nodes definitely are performing some element, but they just found themselves isoleted 😞

- Mesh was not created to all floors: Why is this happening? I have already checked every comparative parameter, but the only thing different, is about the stories. i only get FE for floors which are not assigned to any story, wich tae me to other warning about the stories definition in elements. Why is these so iportan? How can i fix this in order to get no warning about stories and have all the FE elements i need?:/

- "The load has not been distribuited correctly, there are no objects or elements carrying the load overlap" What does this mean? I checked a solution from other user ( http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Structure-verification-The-load-has-not-been... but I don't want do to the same without clearly undersanting it's meaning 😕

- "It is necessary to divide tapered bar to calculation elements for non-linear analysis" I suppose this comes because the seismic analysis, but what is it's physical meaning? why i this message comming? how do I solve it?

- The FEM results are shown to be outdated, because i had to made several changes for mesh incoherence, but if run calculations they will be calculated with the "altered" mesh and results will be proper for the mesh I had right?

Kind Regards to all

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
t.sautierr
in reply to: ricardo_urjais

- Isolated Nodes : the nodes are part of the FE mesh, so, if they were created with the mesh, why are they isolated? Even if they didn't, shouldn't I get also a message of sparedted structure? Because these nodes definitely are performing some element, but they just found themselves isoleted :smileysad:

Open the file in repair mode and the undeletable isolated node will disappear.

- Mesh was not created to all floors: Why is this happening? I have already checked every comparative parameter, but the only thing different, is about the stories. i only get FE for floors which are not assigned to any story, wich tae me to other warning about the stories definition in elements. Why is these so iportan? How can i fix this in order to get no warning about stories and have all the FE elements i need?:/

Need to open your file, but it seems it is corrupted, please re-send.

- "The load has not been distribuited correctly, there are no objects or elements carrying the load overlap" What does this mean? I checked a solution from other user ( http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Structure-verification-The-load-has-not-been... but I don't want do to the same without clearly undersanting it's meaning 😕

- "It is necessary to divide tapered bar to calculation elements for non-linear analysis" I suppose this comes because the seismic analysis, but what is it's physical meaning? why i this message comming? how do I solve it?

- The FEM results are shown to be outdated, because i had to made several changes for mesh incoherence, but if run calculations they will be calculated with the "altered" mesh and results will be proper for the mesh I had right?

Don't forget to freeze the mesh before running the calcs otherwise during model generation, the mesh will be regenerated without your modifications.

Message 3 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: t.sautierr

File is OK. I will check it.

Remark 1: Cladding -> Roof has incorrect geometry - claddings must be flat.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

What is that ?

36.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

271.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 17

I think thoe things gapened because I ran "Model Correction". The structure is not very easy to model, it has lot of peculiar shells and so on.

Should I first correct all those unaquaricies and then resend the file again?

Sorry for the file is not is working conditions 😞

Regards

Message 7 of 17

Should I first correct all those unaquaricies and then resend the file again?

Wait

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 17
t.sautierr

You are able to open the file? weird .. my robot is crashing when attempting to open it ...

Message 9 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

You are able to open the file? weird .. my robot is crashing when attempting to open it ...

Guess from where I made these screen shots 🙂

Of course I can open this file. V 2013.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 17
t.sautierr

? -> it's normal that RSAPro2014 (mine) crashes when opening a RSA2013 Student Version file ?

By the way : hard to guess that this is v2013 from your screenshots 🙂

Message 11 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

Hover mouse over file icon (I do it on Desktop) and then you should see something like that:

robotversion.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 17
t.sautierr

Ok I see hten why it crashes for repair mode!

But why is it crashing when I open it in normal mode with 2014?

Message 13 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

Wrong cladding direction or no bars on adges

43.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

Using these tools I have corrected your model (sorry to say that but it is very inaccurate model), at least its left part:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Panel-contour-points-modification-API/m-p/38...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/API-Addin-Weeding-remove-intermediate-points...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/API-addin-for-merging-bars/td-p/3817730

+ Detailed Correction

+ some manual work

Add roof crrectly and missing cladding wall

Corrected model attached 

Rafal Gaweda
Message 15 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

But why is it crashing when I open it in normal mode with 2014?

restart computer

clear windows %temp% folder

delete robot  cfgusr folder

then check

Rafal Gaweda
Message 16 of 17

But is it fully corrected now or do I still have to check other parts or issues in meshing generation? 😞

Sorry for have to be you doing my job 😞

Kind Regards

Message 17 of 17

But is it fully corrected now or do I still have to check other parts or issues in meshing generation? 😞

Do you have any issues on my model ? I do not think.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report