Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure is 2 parts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Mohammed_Ata
458 Views, 7 Replies

Structure is 2 parts

Hellow , i have structure 80m long. I have to separate it into 2 parts 40m and 40m . I already define the model .

Defining seismic loads has a trouble .Each part has its seismic loads .

How to define loads for each part to be in action in eccentricity  5% ? 

Does RSA understand the 5% is for each part or for all the structure ? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

I would suggest running seismic analysis for each of the models separately.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
Mohammed_Ata
in reply to: Mohammed_Ata

I have one raft for the whole structure ! i want to solve the raft for the total reactions . 

Message 4 of 8

See http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Only-reaction-for-new-model-API/m-p/3659242/...

Otherwise you may try the following:

1. Define self-weight for the part A only

2. Define modal analysis with the disregard density switched on; definition of eccentricities in real (rather than relative) values

3. Convert case from the point 1 into the mass assigned to modal case from the point 2

4. Define seismic analysis

5. Define self-weight for the part B only

6. Define modal analysis with the disregard density switched on; definition of eccentricities in real (rather than relative) values

7. Convert case from the point 5 into the mass assigned to modal case from the point 6

8. Define seismic analysis

and check the results with care.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
Mohammed_Ata

Ok , i can do this but eccentricity from what ? from the edge of story or fron G(center of gravity) ? 

Message 6 of 8

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
Mohammed_Ata

Hi , Artur . I have donewhat you have said to me but , there is one force for one story as before . I want to define forces for each part . RSA read the G for 2 parts ! RSA doesn't read G for each part . How can i make what i want ? 

Message 8 of 8

The story table is not capable of displaying results independently for selected parts of a structure treating them as a separate models.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report