Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Model eXchange (SMX)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PatrickEC
537 Views, 3 Replies

Structural Model eXchange (SMX)

I have a model which has been linked to Robot using earlier versions of Revit. Currently, I am expanding this model by adding a new section of the building. I am wondering if I am better off using the new SMX engine or the old one.

Which engine is more stable? I had problems with the old engine, but I learned its limitations and how to make it work. Is there anything in the SMX engine that may surprise me?

There are Robot parameters in my model which were saved during earlier sessions, is that a potential issue for the SMX engine?

Is the SMX engine going to reuse the existing Robot parameters. In particular, I would prefer to keep the member and node numbering unchanged.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: PatrickEC

Official document here  http://we.tl/oLuud4XixF 

It will be published soon on web.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
PatrickEC
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal, I read the attached document, but I am afraid it does not aswer my questions. All it says about SMX is that it allows exchanging data between different machines without going into any details that would help me with my questions. I was hoping you could shed some light on my use case.

Message 4 of 4
PatrickEC
in reply to: PatrickEC

What I have learned so far after some tinkering is that the previous member numbreing in my model is not preserved regardless of whether I select Direct integration or SMX, which confuses me even more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report