Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Element Not Snapping to Nodes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Sambrook
1036 Views, 2 Replies

Structural Element Not Snapping to Nodes

Hi,

When assigning a Structural Element/Beams I am having a problem with snapping to the end node correctly.

Robot only wants to snap to a point with the same Z value and thus perpendicular to the start node. So the end node will have the same X and Y values but will be located directly above or below the selected node.

This is a big headache when the nodes are really close but not on the same node. Thus not providing a connection between members or completing a panel.

My way around it would be to lay the member and then have to click on the member to move it back up/down to the correct node.

I have noticed that this is not a problem when BARS but I would like to know why it is happening for STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS.

I have attached some screen shots to help clarify my problem.

Regards,

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Sambrook

I'm not sure if I  understand the situation correctly but assuming that you want to define a bar between two nodes with different Z coordinates try to switch off the horizontal beam check box in the Beam definition dialog or use the Bar definition one. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
Sambrook
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

That was simple.

Yeah I had the horizontal beam checked.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report