Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
sgatzo
623 Views, 6 Replies

Strange Results UZ

Hello,
During my undregraduate disertation in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, I work on Educational RSA on a column loss case of steel building. Although my model seems to be rational as far as the rest of the results are concerned, the UZ displacement of the node (128) above the lost column  during non linear plastic analysis appears to be paradox. In detail the displacement for dead load case 1 (SW) are bigger than the respective for the G+0,3Q combination. I attach my file and photos of the results. What would  you propose to me?
Thank you in advance

PS: Only one beam has plastic properties (132)
university email : sgatgog@civil.auth.gr

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: sgatzo

It seems you have attached dxf file instead of rtd.

PLease attach robot file

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
sgatzo
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

My assumption is that you ignored the lack of convergence warning displayed in v.2011 and checked the results obtained for divergent non linear analysis which couldn't have been be correct. Please use v.2012 instead where the analysis converges.

I'm attaching the values from v.2012.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
sgatzo

Hi. 
I have downloaded autodesk robot 2012 an still my non linear analysis does not converge even though it does in my partners pc wiht the exact same file. 

Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Please make sure that the same versions are installed on both computers.

You can find the updates under the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=13140816

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

Turn Kinematic Constrains OFF

kinem.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report