Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel vs. Aluminium design

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jo2ny
2545 Views, 4 Replies

Steel vs. Aluminium design

Hi all,

I'm having trouble designing a beam made of aluminium.

The beam in 5.02 m long, has two pinned suppports, several forces (KN/m - linear distribution) and a few combinations. Calculation is to be made in 2D XZ plane. Everything is ok so far. Calculation and diagrams look ok, but when i perform the steel/alum design i have a problem.

It seams that if the material is steel, the design verification is correct, but when i change the material to Alum, I get the internal axial value NEd = 0 and no buckling verification.

I'm probably doing something wrong....

Attached a picture and the rtd file.

Also I would like to ask what are the the values underlined with green in the picture. some coordinates?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: jo2ny

Also I would like to ask what are the the values underlined with green in the picture. some coordinates?

Position of the verification point where the ratio is the highest.

no buckling verification.

Tension force in bar.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
jo2ny
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Got it, 

Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 5
Участник
in reply to: jo2ny

Strange no one mentioned that aluminium member should be verified according to EN 1999-1-1 rules not EN 1993-1-1, which, the last time I checked, not implemented in Robot

Message 5 of 5

Can be if sombody decides to run such check in Robot (possibility rather than being told to do this) Smiley Wink

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report