Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steel substructure

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
carolina.ramirez
600 Views, 3 Replies

steel substructure

hi, I like modeler the steel substructure, It is supported by the principal beams, according to the image, is all right?
the structural loads support on the substructure and this on the beams.
En Robot la subestructura está en rojo y separada por articulaciones rígidas
thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but assuming it is about load transfer from the 'substrcture' to the main frame I think that modelling the substructure above and use of rigid link is a reasonable approach.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

thanks,

I used the rigid links because if I draw the substructure above the beams, in robot is in the same level.
and if I draw metal sheet above the substructure and the loads in this slab is correctly? 

the load transfer to the beams is correctly? 

thank you very much for your help!

Message 4 of 4

The load applied to the substructure defined above the rest of the structure will be transferred 'downwards' via rigid links that connect it with the rest of the model defined below. Personally I would do the same. You may want to check the rotations of the beams of the substructure that are in reality placed on tops of the main beams below and define more rigid links (with smaller distances among them) if necessary.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report