Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel design - warning messages and fire protection

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pevelor
631 Views, 3 Replies

Steel design - warning messages and fire protection

Hi

I am currently performing steel design.

My steel columns (18to21) sections have dimensions 100x100x8 and steel beams (22to23) have section 80x80x6,3.

Why do I get the following warning regarding wall thickness when none of my sections are that thin?

What's the reason for the elastic warning? (if I turn it of, I don't get the warning) 

warnings.png

In addition, my steel sections will be protected with fire coating/paint. Do I have to define a new material or can I use a existing one (if so, which one)?

fire paramaters.png

Thanks in advance

Regards 

Peder

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

My steel columns (18to21) sections have dimensions 100x100x8 and steel beams (22to23) have section 80x80x6,3.

Why do I get the following warning regarding wall thickness when none of my sections are that thin?

Could you send the model (you can leave only the part with these bars) please?

What's the reason for the elastic warning? (if I turn it of, I don't get the warning) 

My assumption is that you used the option described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/How-can-i-change-Robot-from-using-Wpl-to-Wel...

In addition, my steel sections will be protected with fire coating/paint. Do I have to define a new material or can I use a existing one (if so, which one)?

I'm afraid this is going to be your decision. I'm not in the position to tell you what parameters you should decide on.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
pevelor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thanks Arthur

I cant seem to be able to compress the file enough this time, even without results

Please refer to the followin thread which has the same model: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Structure-verification/td-p/3334637 -  Ole Deviks vei 6.zip 246 KB

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

I don't get any similar warning running the file you indicated.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report