Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Design Reporting - API

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
tony.ridley
1413 Views, 9 Replies

Steel Design Reporting - API

Hi guys,

When steel design is performed, the critical case (and also associated design ratio) are reported.  So, if you have 10 combinations, Robot will give the design ratio for only one case.  

Is there a way to make Robot report the ratio for all selected cases?  Or, how can I know if there is more than one combination making the member fail?

Cheers,

Tony.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

That's what you usually need - Ok or too weak and then you increase the size and check if it is ok for all combinations Smiley Happy

The only solution is to run separate verification for each of the load case/ combination.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: tony.ridley

Tony, 

I know You as a big API \ VBA developer 😉

Check this post :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/ROBOT-API-RATIO/m-p/3278473/highlight/true#M...

Modify code to make a loop for all cases one by one.

This line is crucial:

RdmStream.WriteText ("1") 'Set Load Case(s)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 10
tony.ridley
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Genius.

My VBA is good enough to set up a loop.  Works a charm.

By the way, did the package arrive? Smiley Surprised

Tony

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

Tony,

Genius.

My VBA is good enough to set up a loop.  Works a charm.

I knew you would like it 🙂

By the way, did the package arrive? Smiley Surprised

Not yet. Have you really sent it? WOW!

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

I am attaching macro reporting member verification ratio for each bar, each case \ combination given in Excel file

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 10
tony.ridley

Rafal,

thanks again for that, I'll post mine up here when I finalise it, its a slightly different format but basically same.

by the way, one of my colleagues (also Robot user) has made the comment; why is this type of functionality not supported in Robot to start with? ie, why does the user need to implement VBA / API to perform this reporting, it should just be accessable from within Robot.  For example, to modify multiple panels, an understanding of VBA is required.  Is this just a thing in Robot to seperate the hardcore user from the regular guy? Smiley Tongue

Yes I sent something but it seems it hasn't turned up Smiley Mad, I'll hassle alma

tony

Message 8 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

Tony

by the way, one of my colleagues (also Robot user) has made the comment; why is this type of functionality not supported in Robot to start with? ie, why does the user need to implement VBA / API to perform this reporting, it should just be accessable from within Robot. 

Because we think users are interested in the worst case results than case by case results.

On the other hand can you imagine operational time and finally file size with such kind \ number of results if you have 30000 bars in model and 20000 combinations?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 10
tony.ridley

hmmm OK I take your point.  but if you want to know what makes a bar fail, it's good to know which applied action is causing the problem.  Then you can refine the analysis quicker.  

If I had 100 bars, I would run the AS4100 check.  Then, say 10 fail, I would run the 10 for ALL case combinations to find out where my problem is coming from.  So no, I dont need ridiculous numbers of checks to be performed.  

Your spreadsheet is cool though.  And it gives the Robot "geek" and edge over the regular user.  Smiley Happy

tony

Message 10 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

Tony

If I had 100 bars, I would run the AS4100 check.  Then, say 10 fail, I would run the 10 for ALL case combinations to find out where my problem is coming from.  So no, I dont need ridiculous numbers of checks to be performed.  

So the worst case is reported, no need to look for other cases.

But if there is such wish from your side - use macro 🙂

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report