Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel design - lateral buckliing results

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TorgrimO
1844 Views, 7 Replies

Steel design - lateral buckliing results

I am performing a check of lateral buckling of a beam according to Eurocode 3. With the detailed method, 6.3.2.3 the factors C1-C3 are showing up in the  detailed results. The reference is to ENV311 F1.... which is a code that I am not familiar with. I am having some doubts as to the validity of my code check and would like to control the C1-C3 values, but I am unable to do so since I don't have the afforementioned ENV code. Could someone give me a hint as to how to check these values? 

I am getting a lot smaller XLT in Robot, compared to when I am doing it by hand. 

edit: attached some info. It is a continuous IPE270 beam. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TorgrimO

Spoiler
Hello
Spoiler
That env reference is env 1993-1-1 annex F, this annex is removed from the final EN1993-1-1
Message 3 of 8
TorgrimO

Which means there is no way to control if the member check is correct??

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

No you can´t change the C factors manually, only by changing load level and load type in member definition dialog Robot will define these factors according to annex F tables.

In RSA 2014 there is also possibility to insert your own Mcr for the member.

Message 5 of 8
TorgrimO
in reply to: Anonymous

I see. I wanted to track Robots way of finding these factors, which then seems impossible without the annex F.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Here are screen shots of the tables in finnish.

Message 7 of 8
TorgrimO
in reply to: Anonymous

It seems that these are the same tables as in EN 1999, or they vary slightly... Thanks for your help jukka!

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

I have added the request for manual definition of Cs values to the wish list for next versions of Robot.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report