Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel desig calculation Mry

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
451 Views, 3 Replies

Steel desig calculation Mry

Hi,

Maybe the calculation of Mry it’s not good, please see in attachment my hand calculation and substructure file

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Could someone of support team see my first post to dertemine if the calculation of Mry in Robot is wrong ? I appreciate an answer as soon as possible because is urgent

Message 3 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

The initial investigation indicates that for I sections with flanges of class 4 and webs of class 3 and lower the value of Mry is too low. The reason seems to be in taking value of Fy (350 MPa) in the incorrect units (kN/m2 instead of MPa) which results in the incorrect value of be = 2 * 200*t/sqrt(Fy).

The workaround (if acceptable) I can thin of is to reduce the steel resistance (e.g. to 340 MPa ?) so that the section doesn't fall into the above category (you may then consider slight increase in the limit of the verification ratio).

In addition I think that in your hand calculations the value of Mry is wrong due to the 'missing' 2 in the be formula as the I section has the 'flange' on both 'sides' of the web.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 4

The initial investigation indicates that for I sections with flanges of class 4 and webs of class 3 and lower the value of Mry is too low. The reason seems to be in taking value of Fy (350 MPa) in the incorrect units (kN/m2 instead of MPa) which results in the incorrect value of be = 2 * 200*t/sqrt(Fy).

Corrected in SP3 for Robot 2015.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report