Hello. I am trying to model a concrete block with cast-in steel anchors However, I wanted to "remove contact" between the steel bars and surrounding concrete. To do this, I followed the following steps:
1. Model concrete blocks around the anchor (objects---70x70mm rectangle--extrude to appropriate height)
2. Model bigger concrete block in which all anchors will be cast in (contour --panel (face) -- extrude)
3. Removed (1) from (2) by object combinations to create voids in the concrete (edit solids and faces - object combinations - subtraction (A-B)
4. Mesh generation
5. Creating bars (64mm diameter) within each void
6. Adding loads and analysing the structure.
However, I keep getting error messages "Separate structure. Do you want to continue?" and "Distorted element".
Please see attached model. I would be grateful for any advice on how to model this steel-concrete interface. I understand that robot doesn't have contact elements but is there any workaround for that?
Sorry for getting to you so late.
Two example files attached.
Movie how to create it properly "with contact" :
Movie how to create it properly "without contact" (in this example top nodes of bars will be connected to solid):