Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Glulam sections

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Ludwigswe
1941 Views, 9 Replies

Standard Glulam sections

Hi!

I can´t find any standard glulam sections according to EN 390  in Robot.

Does anyone know if such section exist in Robot?

And if, where can I find them?

Regards

Ludwig Lundberg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

No, such database is not available in the current version of Robot. I have added such request to the wish list.

At this moment you can try to use Kerto database, define section using the Parametric tab of the sections dialog or find the right section automatically using the parametric timber section design.

parametric timber.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

Tank you for the answer!

Using par. section was a good option in the design phase.

Ludwig Lundberg

Message 4 of 10
sor2007
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

timber desing capabilities in robot very poor unlike steel
Message 5 of 10
sor2007
in reply to: Ludwigswe

many companies in the UK use Tedds instead of Robot. It would be great if auto desk place funds to develop timberR obot capabilities namely glulam and racking resistance of timber panels so on
Message 6 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: sor2007

@sor2007 wrote:
timberdesing capabilities in robot very poor unlike steel

The timber design on RSA is intended for so called heavy timber being beams and columns and the design of these elements has got exactly the same functionality as the steel one however the timber design module neither support (shear) walls (e.g. with plywood) not floors. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10
sor2007
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

I guess we need to create  glulam sections and define  glulam  mechanical properties . I m sure i need to create the cross section properties in the  section definition module?

i did worked  on crossrail  proect creating very unusual section in steel using robot  section definition module.  that the way?

Message 8 of 10

Hi, is this still the situation with RSA? Or is there now a glulam database available for analysis purposes?

Message 9 of 10

Hi @chris.dixonFF9EG

There is no such database in RSA Smiley Sad

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10
msrmanag
in reply to: Ludwigswe

Hi everyone, @ 

I wonder if I can use RSA for all types of calculations instead of using a bunch of small specific products and hand calcs. For example, to calculate a kind of complex cantilevered RedLam laminated veneer lamer beam with multiple loads, or to calculate a wood frame with multiple types of structural wood. I see RSA 2022 still implements NDS 2012 while we currently using the 2018 standard. Yesterday I tried to add a new type of structural composite lumber and couldn't. I went to the Material menu/Timber, and there is a drop-down box with references to implemented codes in RSA, which I have to choose as well. Which one should I use for RedLam products in this case?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report