Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stainless steel design

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2345 Views, 6 Replies

Stainless steel design

Hi,

I assume Robot does not cover stainless steel design?

Also stainles steel properties would have to be entered manually to material list? 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Which design code and profiles do you mean exactly?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Arthur,

Profiles do not matter so much, I mean more material properties (is it best to change them manually? fy, fy, E and G are slightly different to normal steel as far as I checked). Could not find material list of Austenitic and Ferritic stainless steels to EN 10088 (As refered in EN1993-1-4) in Robot.

Also design to EN 1993-1-4:2006. Again I did not do stainless steel before but I have found that buckling curves and deflection calcs should be different if I am not mistaken.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Yes, there are differences e.g. in calculations of section class. We  are trying to introduce materials in correspondence with the implemented design codes therefore the ones you mentioned are currently not available. As you wrote they can be added (personally I would add them with new names rather than make changes for the already existing ones) to the list with manually entered properties.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Arthur,

So design option for stainless steels is also being incorporated? as now section classification and few other things are different and there is no way to tell program which way to design/check stainless steel? Thanks
Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

No, the design of stainless steel profiles is currently not supported (and this is why the corresponding materials are also not visible on the list). I'm sorry for not being clear enough.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
poka
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

When we can expect EN-1993-1-4 to be included in ROBOT?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report