Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability problem [Industrial Hal in steel]

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
karimkamil16
298 Views, 4 Replies

Stability problem [Industrial Hal in steel]

Hello everybody,

After 48h trying to solve my structural problem, I choose to ask here how to manage that. My version of Robot is 2014 student one.

I have a ground surface of 55 X 90 (m), the height is around 12 m and the final objectiv is to get the most economics structure.

Here are my 2 problems  :

* After moddeling my structure with 2 frames, every calculation loads works but if I add a third one the matrix is not converging. I don't really know how to deal with that.

* My second problem is to know what kind of profil is usually used to create trusses ( Corners for bars but for members i tried UPN but it becomes quite high).

I attached 2 files , the V1 is the structure with 2 frames and the V2 is 3 frames one.

http://we.tl/6oVQvUPWhv

Thank a lot for the future answers.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
IL_uke
in reply to: karimkamil16

Hi,

I don't know if it was your decission, but trusses aren't connected with other ones. You can see it near the intersection 6/2(3) axis - shouldn't be there connection within trusses (on top of trusses)?

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
karimkamil16
in reply to: IL_uke

@ IL_uke

Thank you for answer,

I don't really see what you are talking about, do you mean the columns which are stopped at the second floor ? If it's that yes I assumed that it useless to reach the top. And Especially because those coloumns diseaper at the third frame.

Best Regards,
Message 4 of 5
IL_uke
in reply to: karimkamil16

Hi,

Try to change the analysis type for third case (VENT) as "auxiliary case".

In first post I mean the intersection of perpendicular trusses for example in node 238. Element 4551 is higher than node 238. Is it correct?

1.PNG

Message 5 of 5
karimkamil16
in reply to: IL_uke

Ho you right, it's like that on the whole structure.

Thank you very much for your time, can I ask you what kind of profil would you use on trusses ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report