Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring elements in Robot Structural Analysis

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1916 Views, 3 Replies

Spring elements in Robot Structural Analysis

Hello.

I have the following question: it is possible in Robot Structural Analysis define spring elements, connecting two nodes of different bars (like in the image attached)? I want to connect two points of different elements, which are connected with a certain stiffness (in my case, translational stiffnesses).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricardo Dias.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Connect node 1 with node 2
Use elastic bar release(s) on beam or column

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I thought about that possibility, but in my case I want to have a certain eccentricity between the nodes.

For instance: I have two vertical bars, connected with bolts, side by side. Because their gravity center is different, I have to simulate them with an eccentricity. Is this possible to simulate in Robot?

I want to have the behavior of the bars bolted together, with a certain stiffness. In this case, the spring elements are to simulate the bolted connection.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ricardo Dias. 

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought about that possibility, but in my case I want to have a certain eccentricity between the nodes.

Connect node 1 and node 2 with rigid link, add elastic release(s) on beam \ column.

For instance: I have two vertical bars, connected with bolts, side by side. Because their gravity center is different, I have to simulate them with an eccentricity. Is this possible to simulate in Robot?

I want to have the behavior of the bars bolted together, with a certain stiffness. In this case, the spring elements are to simulate the bolted connection.

If I understood you correctly:
- bolt - as bar with rather high stiffness - you will not loot at results in them
- elastic release(s) on bolts with correct spring values

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report