Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet Calculator 2012 - EVar function

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Romanich
807 Views, 5 Replies

Spreadsheet Calculator 2012 - EVar function

I try to make example from manual:

1.png

But expression =EVar(_q*_L^2/8) returns 0. This function works only in this form: =EVar(_q)*EVar(_L)^2/8.

In addition, we have another bug: when I change value of q, for example, value in cell with Evar function return 0. Then, if I want to obtain the result, I go to Preferences, change any unit and press OK. In this case, the value will be updated.

Also I attached text file. Thanks.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Romanich

@Romanich wrote:

I try to make example from manual:

1.png

EVar function works for a single registered cell only rather than for the whole expression. It searches for the registered in RESC cell and imports information about unit type converting it to the default unit. For the efficiency it is recommended to use EUToBase(...) function instead of EVar. EUToBase and EUToUser contain in their arguments all necessary information to convert values to the default units and vice versa to the display units.

It has to be remembered that each value in the expression has to be included in this formula so that EVar(-q*_l^2/8) is incorrect and is not supported.

But expression =EVar(_q*_L^2/8) returns 0. This function works only in this form: =EVar(_q)*EVar(_L)^2/8.

In addition, we have another bug: when I change value of q, for example, value in cell with Evar function return 0. Then, if I want to obtain the result, I go to Preferences, change any unit and press OK. In this case, the value will be updated.

Also I attached text file. Thanks.

Please try to use the EUToBase method instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Romanich
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you Artur. Syntax of the expression should be =EUToBase(_q*_L^2/8)  ? 

Roman Zhelezniak

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

=EUToBase(_q;"unit name")*EUToBase(_L;"unit name")^2/8

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
Romanich
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

In "unit name" I have to manually enter units? Can you modify & attach my file from first post? Many thanks in advance.

Roman Zhelezniak

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

You can find the list of 'unit names' in 01units.cfg file (see the attached picture). In addition I'm attaching the modified xls.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report