Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid to bar connection

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
corne_mo
624 Views, 1 Reply

Solid to bar connection

I have a model where I have modelled a piece of concrete as a solid (first polyline --> panel (face) --> extrude). On this solid I have made a node which is in the mesh of the solid. To this node I have connected a steel profile (bar). Now in the results I see that the connetion between the bar and the solid is pinned, not fixed. Is there a way to make this connection fixed?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: corne_mo

Nodes of solids have only 3 d.o.fs therefore when you connect a bar to a node of the solid the connection is pinned. To model a rigid one you should either extend it 'inside' the solid connection to other nodes inside the solids or create a 'star' defining some artificial bars from the common node of the bar and the solid and neighboring nodes on the surface of the solid.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report