Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow model editing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AlexS_2013
695 Views, 7 Replies

Slow model editing

I've created a model of high-rise building in Robot 2014. Now I have to edit some parts of it. The process goes very very slow. I mean it takes 3-5 seconds to select/deselect some elements. If I want to draw a wall, Robot needs up to 10 seconds to think after I click where to draw it. Copying/moving elements is even worse.

The model is pretty big. It has 6307 nodes, 4764 beams, 1306 columns, 66 floors, 1830 walls and 272 openings. The model is not meshed. Only 25% of my CPU is used and 2.8 out of 8 gigs of memory.

Is there a way to speed up Robot in this case? It's very frustating to wait for so long after every click.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: AlexS_2013
Message 3 of 8
AlexS_2013
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Please, check private messages
Message 4 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Do not see significant delays (movie in PM), but :

Turn off Object Inspector window
Turn off Undo (program restart required to consider changes)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8
AlexS_2013
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Object inspector was the issue. After I turned it off, everything started running much faster.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Message 6 of 8
pawel.rudner

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with selecting and deselecting elements and I couldn't find any solution online or solve it myself so far.

Disabling object inspector changed nothing. Disabling undo - nothing as well. I think I tried all the variations of hardware acceleration. I forced Windows to use the high performance graphics card with robot, so it somewhat improved overall smoothness in some cases.

The file is just under 100MB (results are already saved separately). It's not that big of a building to be honest, so could that be a problem?

Message 7 of 8
Romanich

Hi @pawel.rudner,

Try to open your model using Repair Mode

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 8 of 8
pawel.rudner
in reply to: Romanich

Hi @Romanich,

Same as before... a bit worse maybe? But I do have Revit opened in the background now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report