Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slabs As minimal

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
427 Views, 5 Replies

Slabs As minimal

A23.3-04 Design code art 7.8.1 say: A minimum area of reinforcement of 0.002Ag, shall be provided in each direction.

I think Robot use twice As minimal when we have two rows of reinforcement (X- and X+), am I wrong?

Thanks for your answer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Example file please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

See attachments please

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Rafal

Have you had time to see my files ?

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Minimum reiforrement is calculated on side of tensioned fibers

asmin1.jpg

In case on envelope you can get this:

asmin2.jpg

You can steer calculating of min reinforcement here

asmin3.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 6
cuerdaromero

From this discussion, I understand that when reinforcement is required on both the top and bottom, Robot compares each required reinforcement area (Asreq) with the minimum value (Asmin). For instance, in a slab section, if Asreq is positive but less than Asmin, Robot will use Asmin. This implies that in areas with Asreq > 0, Robot might apply Asmin for both top and bottom. Referring to ACI standard, particularly section 24.4.3.2, it suggests considering Asmin either on the top, bottom, or distributed across every face of the slab. My understanding is that it's permissible to place all of a slab's Asmin either on the top or bottom. It's important to remember that this Asmin is introduced to control shrinkage, distinct from the Asmin required in beams where it's used to provide minimum simple concrete resistance. Can anyone confirm this interpretation?

@Rafal.Gaweda @Anonymous 

So, going back to Robot analysis, in those cases were As->0 and As+>0, we are going to generate doble counting. 

In those cases you will have 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report