Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab to Wall Connection in Robot

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GauravPJ
825 Views, 1 Reply

Slab to Wall Connection in Robot

I am trying to create a building model in Revit and then export the same to Robot.

I have a slab which is resting on a load bearing wall.

In the revit model, the slab is drawn going to the inside face of the wall.

On exporting the model to Robot, it is observed that the wall does not pick up any load from the slab, essentially meaning that the slab is not getting connected to the wall.

Therefore in the next attempt, I drew the slab edge to the centre of the wall in Revit and then exported the model to Robot. In this case the wall was picking load up from the slab.

In the third attempt, the slab was drawn cantilevering out from the wall. In this case also, the wall was not picking load from the slab.

Note that in each of these cases, the slab connects to the wall midway up the height of the wall.

Does this mean that in a scenario where the slab connects to the wall midway up the height of the wall, the slab edge has to be drawn to the centre of the wall?

Thanks

Gaurav Javalkar

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: GauravPJ

Keep in mind the Revit analytical model is exported to Robot.

Look at this topic: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Revit-to-Robot/td-p/3812616

If you want deeper analysis please send us Revit file.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums