Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab supported by Beams

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Pedro.MQ
3148 Views, 13 Replies

Slab supported by Beams

Hello.

I'm trying to make something really similar to this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Meshed-slab-supported-by-beams/td-p/3167096

But I can't support the panel by the beams. When I apply the support, it becomes also in the slab.

Thank you very much.

In attach I have upload an image.

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 3 of 14
Pedro.MQ
in reply to: Pedro.MQ

Thank you for your answer. But as I said, my problem is similiar to the one I posted.

I just want the same behaviour: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Meshed-slab-supported-by-beams/td-p/3167096, but I can't support my slab in that way (by the beams and not by the default pinned support).

Thank you 

Message 4 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

Send me model and sketch what you want to obtain

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 14
Pedro.MQ

Hello Rafa,

If you read my first post, I've attached a image. As it can be seen, the slab is supported by the 4 pinned supports and not by the two continuous beams. If it was supported by them, the map result will be constant with higher displacement at the mid line between the beams (one direction load distribution).

Hope you'll understand my problem,

Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

Your file please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 14
Pedro.MQ

Here it is. I also would like to know why my FZ (shear force diagram for bars) isn't linear.

Thank you

Message 8 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

If you have instabilities you have to correct model first

Error - h can not be 0:

I hope your material is correct

th6.jpg 

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 14
Pedro.MQ
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

My h is 0.001. My panel is a steel grid, so it works only in one direction. I've checked only one panel supported along the edges and the results were ok, so I guess the way I've defined it is pretty close to the reality.

Regarding to the instabilities I'm getting, I have no idea. If I constrained/pinned the nodes where instability is reported, the model will not be the one it should. 

Do you have any idea what can I do?

Message 10 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

Maybe I was not clear enough -> set h at least 0,01 cm to get rid of instabilities

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 14
Pedro.MQ

OK, done! Thank you.

Related to FZ diagram distribution and support conditions of the panels, do you have any idea?

Message 12 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

I do not understand.

PLease explain.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 14
Pedro.MQ
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

In attach: FZ diagram is discretized according to the mesh. I would like to have it linear. 

Message 14 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

Refine MEsh

refm.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report